[OAI-implementers] VRA in OAI-PMH

Jose Borbinha jose.borbinha at bn.pt
Tue Jun 29 05:52:06 EDT 2004

 Hi!
FYI, it the National Library of Portugal we have used OAI with UNIMARC in
several internal and european projects.
The experience had shown us the obvious: if we want to expose records for
simple resource discovery services, DC works fine, but if you want to share
the records for more complex purposes (browsing services, re-usage for
cataloguing - such as we are doing in our national project for thesis and
dissertations, were we are using a national schema, etc.) you'll need to use
other richer formats. Another exanple is if the European project LEAF, where
several partners are exposing EAC records (Encoding Archival Context) by OAI
for a commom central service.

regards
josé borbinha