[OAI-implementers] Web Feeds from OAI Data/Service Providers?

Thomas G. Habing thabing at uiuc.edu
Tue Jun 15 15:35:39 EDT 2004

Simeon Warner wrote:

> [redirected from oai-general - Simeon]
>
>             _Web Feeds from OAI Data/Service Providers_
>
> I am greatly interested in learning of Any and All OAI Service
> Providers _or_ OAI Data Providers
> that offer Web feeds (RSS, Atom, Other(s)) for site updates/search
> results/etc.
>
> BTW: I am aware of the RSS feeds are provided by my.OAI [
> http://www.myoai.com/ ],
> one of the  major Open Archives Initiative Service Providers
> [ http://www.public.iastate.edu/~gerrymck/OAI-SP-I.pdf ]

The UIUC Registry of OAI data providers
(http://oai.grainger.uiuc.edu/registry/) has an RSS feed of new or
recently modified registry records at
http://oai.grainger.uiuc.edu/registry/rss.asp

You might also be interested in the SRU search service for the same
registry at http://gita.grainger.uiuc.edu/registry/sru/sru.asp

In addition Jeff Young has an interesting service called ERRoL
(Extensible Repository Resource Locators) which works in conjunction
with the UIUC Registry to turn any OAI provider with a unique
identifier into an RSS feed (among other things).  Take a look at
http://errol.oclc.org/ or for a specific example using the LOC OAI
provider http://errol.oclc.org/lcoa1.loc.gov.rss

Kind regards,
	Tom Habing